Personal Information We Collect
Personal identification information is data that can be used to identify or contact you.
In order to provide and improve our services, we collect personal information. Most of the information we have is provided to us by the creditor and/or collected directly through the use of our services, emails, web applications, and phone calls.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information Omega RMS may collect and how we use it:
- When an account is transferred to Omega RMS, the creditor provides a variety of information including, but not limited to: full name, date of birth, social security number, phone number, address, email address, account number, original creditor, current creditor, balance, and/or payment history.
- We may collect any information that you provide to us directly, whether you contact us by phone, email, text message, web applications, or other channel. For example, when you access Omega RMS web applications and fill out a form or sign up for a payment plan and provide information such as your first and last name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, and/or other personal identifying information.
- When you access Omega RMS emails or our web applications we may collect a variety of information and store it in log files, including, but not limited to: Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), type of computer, operating system, date/time stamp, user interface interaction data (such as, but not limited to, any mouse clicks or navigation on our emails and web applications), uniform resource locator (URL) information, email open rates, credit card information, and/or bank account information.
How We Use Personal Information
We use personal information to properly identify the specific consumers for whom we provide our services, to provide and improve our services, to analyze trends, administer our web applications, learn about user behavior on our emails and web applications, to comply with state, federal and local laws and to demonstrate compliance with those laws.
Here are some examples of how Omega RMS uses personal information:
- We use personal information to send you communications about your account.
- We use your personal information to verify your identity. For example, when you contact our office you will be asked to provide your personal information so that we can verify your identity and account. We may ask you to provide your full name, address, email address, or other identifying information. You can always refuse to supply personal information, except that we may not be able to communicate if we are unable to verify your identity and/or account.
- We use personal information to process payments and other account activity you authorize.
- We use personal information to help us create, develop and improve our content and services, including through internal auditing and data analysis.
- If you apply for a job at Omega RMS, we use the information we receive to evaluate your candidacy and contact you.
Sources of Personal Information
Here are some examples of various sources of personal information that Omega RMS may utilize:
- We received your personal information from the party placing your account with Omega RMS for services, such as the creditor, current creditor or servicer.
- We also receive information from you directly through a phone call, email correspondence, and/or through visits to our web applications.
- We also sometimes receive information from third party vendors who help us confirm the validity of our information as it relates to address, phone number, bankruptcy, and deceased information.
- If you are a potential candidate for employment with Omega RMS, we may have received your personal information from a recruiter or external website.
Disclosure to Third Parties
We only share personal information with a limited number of third-party service providers who help us provide our services, including, but not limited to, payment processing, mailing, information verification, managing and enhancing customer data, improving our product and services. When we share information, we require those third parties to handle it in accordance with relevant laws. We also only share the minimum amount of information necessary for the particular third party to assist us in providing our services.
Here are some examples of how Omega RMS shares personal information:
- For payment processing, we share your credit card or bank information to the card-issuing bank to complete the payment you authorized.
- For content delivery, we share your email address, physical address, or phone number with the delivery service to deliver any communication, message, or requested account documents.
- For collectability, we share your name and address to ensure no bankruptcy or death has occurred, or that your address or phone number has been changed since we received the account.
- For debt collection licensing, we share account information with state regulators conducting an audit pursuant to state or federal licensing statutes.
- We may occasionally be required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to provide them with your information. We will disclose personal information pursuant to a court order, subpoena, or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation.
We may also be required by law to provide your information to a local, state, or federal government authority or court. We will only disclose information in these instances when there is a lawful basis or if disclosure is reasonably necessary to demonstrate compliance with the law.
In the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personally identifiable information with our clients, potential clients, and federal, state and local regulators regarding visitors and users, and their interaction with our products and services.
We do not sell personal information. We do not allow our third-party service providers to sell this information or otherwise use it for marketing purposes.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Omega RMS will retain your personal information for the period required to fulfill our services, meet our contractual obligations, and as required by law; but we will only retain your information for the shortest possible period. unless a longer retention period is required by law.
Access to Personal Information
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date. You can view your account information through any of the links in an Omega RMS email. To request that we correct any inaccurately provided data, reply to any Omega RMS email, send an email to email@example.com, or call us at 888.378.7447. You can also request we delete the data if we are not required to retain it for legitimate business purposes or by law.
You may find links to third party websites on the Omega RMS web applications. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
How We Delete Personal Information
We are required to keep your data due to the underlying contractual relationship between you and the creditor. We are also required to keep the personal information for legal reasons for as long as the statute of limitations period lasts for the type of account in collections and for other statutory obligations which sometimes are longer (such as a state licensing statute requiring us to maintain records for a certain period of time or the statute of limitations for a consumer financial law). Once our legal obligation to keep your personal information has expired, we delete the information from our systems in accordance with our data retention policies and procedures.
PCI DSS DISCLOSURE:
We maintain all applicable PCI DSS requirements to the extent the service provider possesses or otherwise stores, processes, or transmits cardholder data on behalf of the customer, or to the extent that they could impact the security of the customer’s cardholder data environment.